2021-04-08, Benny Boye Johansen
Warning message experienced by some users
Some users may experience this message during login:
The issue is caused by Excel (by default) launching an old version of the installed system browser for performing the login sequence. On some machines this browser is outdated, and will soon no longer be supported by Saxo Bank, hence the warning.
To solve the issue it is necessary to make a change to the Windows registry.
Resolving it using Excel (with Add-in version 1.3.8 or later)
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Excel Add-in installed.
- Open Excel in Admin mode.
- Once started, Excel will check the setting and update it if needed.
- Close Excel again.
Now start Excel in non-Admin mode, and you should no longer see the warning messages.
If you cannot run Excel in Admin Mode
If you are running on a corporate network, or on a on a managed machine, where you are not allowed to run Excel with elevated access rights, please try the following:
- Ask a system administrator to run Excel in Admin mode on your behalf. This only has to be done once.
- If the system administrator is not comfortable doing this, ask the administrator to modify the registry directly as described below.
Updating the registry directly
The following guide is provided for system administrators, who would prefer to make the registry update directly, rather than letting Saxo Banks Excel plug-in doing it upon startup.
- In Registry editor go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Click to expand
2. Go to SOFTWARE. Click to expand
3.Under Software go to WOW6432Node. Click to expand ( User having 32Bit OS should skip this step)
4. click on Microsoft .
5. Under Microsoft, Look for InternetExplorer . Under InternetExplorer select Main
6. Select FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION under FeatureControl as shown below:
7. Right Click on FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION click on New → DWORD and save it as EXCEL.EXE
8. Right Click on EXCEL.EXE and click on Modify
9. Select Base as Decimal and enter Value data as 11001.Click on OK
(The value data 11001 indicate -IE 11 Edge mode)